Social Anxiety & Performance
- Do you worry all the time about everything?
- Do you wake up or go to sleep with racing thoughts?
- Do certain situations or people make you uncomfortable and anxious?
- Do you have irrational fears and phobias?
- Do you have chronic muscle tension and indigestion?
- Do you have fear of speaking in public or stage fright?
- Do you feel all eyes are on you making you feel self-conscious?
- Do have panic/anxiety attacks, feeling like your heart is racing, chest pain or might lose control?
- Do you feel that nothing you do is good enough, are you a perfectionist?
- Does uncertainty bother you, make you anxious?
- Did you grow-up in a house where there was constant worrying?
Therapy for social anxiety and social phobias should begin with individual therapy for as much time is needed to build a strong, supportive relationship with the therapist, at which time that relationship can be brought into a group. Whatever difficulties arise in the process, the therapist can provide the needed support to temper the anxiety that may come up in transitioning to this more challenging setting.